Something to Smile About
The Wren’s Nest is excited to announce that you can now support our organization when you shop on Amazon!
That’s right. We are now a registered organization on AmazonSmile. This means that when you select us as your charity, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to The Wren’s Nest. It is the equivalent of a cash-back option on a credit card, but with the cash-back going to the charity of your choice.
Of course, we would prefer you to shop locally, especially at our West End neighborhood businesses that have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, if you are going to use Amazon for your shopping, you can now do so while helping us preserve Georgia’s oldest house museum and the home of Brer Rabbit.
How it works:
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com and sign-in or create your Amazon account.
- If you have created a new account, you will be directed to this landing page:
- In the box to “enter charity name,” type in “Joel Chandler Harris Association” (which is our official organization name) and then press search.
- This screen should appear:
- Press “select” and The Wren’s Nest will now be your charity organization!
- Remember that for us to receive the donation from your Amazon purchases, you need to go www.smile.amazon.com each time you shop!
If you already have an AmazonSmile account, to select The Wren’s Nest as your charity, you can follow this link.
Alternatively, when you log into your account, hover your mouse over your currently selected charity (it should appear under the search bar at the top of the screen). A pop-up will appear with an option next to the name of your charity to change it. Then follow steps 3-6 of the above instructions.
We hope you will consider using AmazonSmile and have your future purchases make a difference towards preserving the art of storytelling.
It would certainly make us smile!