Midnight Consumption — the New Literary Journal from the Wren's Nest Publishing Co.
The Wren’s Nest Publishing Co. has been hard at work on Midnight Consumption, their brand new literary journal. It’ll debut at the Decatur Book Festival on September 4th complete with a literary salon at CORE from 2 – 5 pm.
The book features the work of 41 different high school students from around Atlanta.
Many thanks to Alicia Johnson for designing the cover. The stars of Orion will be die cut, which to us regular people means our book will be filled with holes.
Are you familiar with the Wren’s Nest Publishing Co? Let me break it down for a second —
(1) Each summer we invite a handful of high school students to learn how to create, edit, publish, and market a literary journal.
(2) The editors learn the ropes of the print industry from professionals in the field. This year they benefitted from the brains of Jamie Allen, Jamie Gumbrecht, the aforementioned Alicia, Hannah Palmer, and Kimberly Turner.
(3) We go to cool places to check out how folks make their living with the written word. This year Jamie G. led us behind the scenes at CNN.
(4) The students come up with a name, solicit submissions from their peers, make all editorial decisions, work with a designer to communicate their vision, and organize a literary salon where their peers — freshly minted published authors — read their work.
It’s fun and important. To tell you the truth though, we need your help to keep it going. Can you please help us with one of the following?
(1) Buy a copy of the book! They’re $5. If you can’t make it to the Decatur Book Festival, it will be available online.
(2) Tell someone about this program! If you want to be super helpful, tell someone who might want to participate next year.
(3) Work “Midnight Consumption” into your everyday vocabulary. It will feel right, promise.
Thanks for your support and see you at the Decatur Book Festival.